Note to Recruiters
Please at least skim through all the sections if you can't read it all.
I prefer to be contacted directly by an engineer on the team looking to hire, or if the organization is large, a technical recruiter. Anyone else (i.e. "a person who knows a person") will not get a response from me, even if they have in the past.
I was previously a student at Cornell University, from where I got my Bachelor of Science degree, and, subsequently, my Master of Science degree, both in Computer Science.
My personal interests lie in developing high performance distributed systems, but close-to-metal software development for embedded applications comes as a close second.
My professional experience is as a generalist and a full-stack developer. Some of my prior work include:
- Designing and implementing components supporting context aware access for the Google Cloud Platform,
- Enhancing high-performance components (Watchman) of version control systems (Git and Mercurial),
- Optimizing a multi-terrabyte pipeline for a recommendation engine (YouTube Mix),
- Bulletproofing a new prototyping platform for network switches with projected terrabit per second performance (P4 & P4FPGA), and
- Developing a frontend applications with a complex No-SQL backend combining inputs from several datastores (for my first internship at Google).
How to Contact Me
- Please only contact me if you can offer something specific in one of my preferred focus areas, in an organization with values aligned with mine.
- Please mention in your email as specifically as possible, how exactly your offer lines up with what I state on this page.
- Please contact me only via email, and only at the address listed at the top of the page.
- Please do not try to connect or message me on LinkedIn. I only accept invitations from people I have met in person.
- I block people who send me unsolicited invitations on social platforms.
My Preferred Focus Areas
- Computer networking
- Distributed systems
- Hardware-accelerated computing
- Operating system kernel development
- Real-time communication backends
- Datastores, databases, and filesystems
What I Value in an Organization
- Software Engineering Focus: I am mostly interested only in organizations whose primary products are computer software or hardware, and where the majority of the employees are software engineers.
- Contribution to Open Source: I would highly prefer to work on a project that is either open source itself, or involves active contribution to open source projects as a part of the job.
- Financial Stability: I prefer organizations already making profit, with well charted funding and expansion plan for the next 3-5 years.
- International Presence: Presence in the North America, Western Europe, and South Asia is quite important to me.